So, you want to make cool things with computers and glue… You’re in the right place! We will start things off with some quick introductions and a tour of the space. Then we will talk a bit about design, software and begin cutting things out using lasers. We will also visit the wood shop downstairs to learn how to use the table saw, miter saw and band saw.
- Using our 50Watt Epilog laser cutter
- Approved laser cutter materials
- Adobe Illustrator tutorials via Linda
- Laser cut examples on Pinterest
- Curved laser bent wood on Instructables
Lab / Homework
- If you aren’t already familiar with using Adobe Illustrator, please spend a few hours working through the Illustrator CC Essential Training tutorials on Linda.
- Design a simple keychain using Adobe Illustrator. You will be engrave and cut your designs tomorrow during class on the laser cutter.