So, you want to make cool things with computers and glue… You’re in the right place! We will start things off with some quick introductions and a tour of the space. Then, we will talk a bit about design, software and begin cutting things out using the laser cutter. We’ll wrap things up with a crash course on using Adobe Illustrator.
- Written instructions on using our 50Watt Epilog laser cutter
- Video tutorial on using our 50Watt Epilog laser cutter
- Approved laser cutter materials
- Adobe Illustrator tutorials via Linda
- Laser cut examples on Pinterest
Lab / Homework
- Design a simple keychain using Adobe Illustrator. You will be engrave and cut your designs tomorrow during class on the laser cutter.
- Create a social media account (such as Tumblr) to document your work throughout the semester.