So, you want to make cool things with computers and glue… You’re in the right place! We will start things off with some quick introductions and a tour of the space. Then we will talk a bit about design, software and begin cutting things out using lasers.
- Using our 50Watt Epilog laser cutter
- Approved laser cutter materials
- Adobe Illustrator tutorials via Linda
- Laser cut examples on Pinterest
- Curved laser bent wood on Instructables
Lab / Homework
- If you aren’t already familiar with using Adobe Illustrator, please spend a few hours working through the Illustrator CC Essential Training tutorials on Linda. Alternatively, you can also create your designs in Inkscape, Corel Draw, or any program that exports vector files.
- An important part of being a maker is looking at what other people have made. Please add a comment to this post that contains a link (or a video) to a project that you find interesting. It could include laser cutting, 3d printing, CNC machining, sewing, painting, welding, robotics, etc. We will take a look at a few of the comments at the start of the next class.
- Develop a concept and a design for your laser cut clock